What is your "holy grail song" that you cannot find?

For me, that song is a live version of "Chest Fever" by Humble Pie. My guess is that it's a vinyl bootleg that is virtually impossible to find. So, if anyone knows anything about this recording, please provide some details. In the meantime, maybe one of us knows something about a rare song and/or recording that some of you are looking for. 

mitchagain

“Silver Train” by Jon Anderson (Yes) and John Paul Jones. Had this on cassette a hundred years ago and have not been able to find it anywhere ever again😞. 

Also “Holy War” by John Butcher. Have never been able to find this one either…

“Nonesuch” a little instrumental featuring a bagpipe practice chanter. I had the vinyl back in the 60s but it took me decades to remember the name of the song (I had it confused with the name of the group) and lo and behold Qobuz had it. Golden Ring, “A gathering of friends for making music.” Folk Legacy, 1964.

Another tough one was “Minstrel from Gaul” by Richie Havens. Found his album “Stonehenge” (1970) on eBay, but never found it on streaming services.

Modern Day Magic by Marie Cain. Heard it on a demo album when I was a DJ on a Nome, Alaska radio station.

@garebear , a friend of mine confirms that there is a studio ("demo") version of George Harrison performing "It Don't Come Easy." He also confirmed that it was never commercially released; so, finding it on a bootleg (which is what he has) looks like your only option. A record show is probably your best bet for that; so, hopefully there are some shows that are near to where you live. IF you were to travel to a record show, the shows in Austin are the best that I've ever been to.

My friend, who is a massive Beatles fan and collector, said that the general belief is that George initially wrote the song (thus the demo version) and then gifted it to his friend Ringo. From there, they both collaborated on the finished product.  

Post removed