What is the VERY BEST CD album you've ever heard?

Just like with records, I came across releases on CD that were never popular, but bring lots of interesting music and so I started collecting CDs that do have collectible value for the reason of a great and rare music presented.

So far album "Sauce Hollandaise" by Ashra is on my #1 desirable list

"Best Band You've Never Heard In Your Life" by Frank Zappa is my 2nd best CD I've ever heard. 

czarivey

Showing 3 responses by kb673

@ czarivey    Where is "rock" identified as a qualifier?  ... by who's definition?

@ tylermunns   Blues is not pop, classical or jazz; many of the artists mentioned are not "pop," and do not fit cleanly in one of your three grossly oversimplified categories of music.

+1 for It's a Beautiful Day

King Crimson, "Starless and Bible Black"

@tylermunns

"pop," as a musical genre, evolved primarily from bluegrass/mountain music and blues.  You're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

If, to you, pop means popular, then any genre can be "pop," depending on who you're talking to.

@tylermunns  

Terms "pop" and "rock and roll" have been in use by music industry professionals, since early- to mid-1950s.  I entered into what I thought was a discussion.  If this is your idea of a game, you can declare yourself the winner by forfeit.