What is the best way to clean Vinyl?

TIA

128x128jjbeason14

@whart 

Thanks for your further response.  You have clearly been in this a lot deeper than I.

I am really lucky (deaf?) because I get no surface noise issues with my playback once I have cleaned the records that need it on my Nitty Gritty.

The reason for posting again is your mention of the US Library of Congress.  You will probably know that Simon Yorke supplied transcriptor players to the US Library of Congress that were used to make digital copies of a large number of analogue discs of all sorts of dimensions and specifications.

I came across Simon in his earlier years in County Durham, NE England.  I had acquired an S2 Zarathustra that is a truly rare hi-mass sprung turntable.  Simon says he made less then ten.  I visited him in the late 1980s to acquire some spares for that and to audition his S7 with unipivot arm.  I bought that.  As you will know, it was Michael Fremer's reference player for some eight years before he travelled way upmarket, boosted by discounts available. It was a very good player, miles ahead of his S2 that in turn was miles ahead of my early Linn that it replaced.  The unipivot arm was said to be the S7's weak point but I never moved to replace it.

Simon had become a friend and he spoke over a long period of his development of a parallel tracking arm.  He let me know when he had it in production and I visited him, now in Spain, for a few days to chew the fat, enjoy the local Spanish cuisine and beverages and audition his S10, a development of the S7 and, most importantly, the Aeroarm.

Well, if you have never heard it, this combination is wonderful as long as you choose a lightweight high compliance cartridge.  Matches made in heaven are Ortofon A90, 95 and now Verismo.  It is also very good with van den Huls and the AT1000

This truly is a world class player and far less costly than the blingy $000,000 heavyweights that purport to populate the high end of the market today.

Simon is a really nice guy but over the years his negative marketing traits have not been kind to his business.  So I was lucky to get in on the ground floor with Aeroarm #003 the first customer piece.  There are only a handful of customer Aeroarms and will be no more.  Simon is out of the business now but we keep in touch from time to time.

Yes, indeed @clearthinker the engineer working on the Les Paul tracks was using a Simon Yorke and there is a photo of some of his set up in this article: 

Lots of great knowledge and experience have been mentioned in these many responses to the problem of cleaning records. I'll add my method that's a bit time consuming, but effective, and stays well below the cost goal of $500. For the price of a Spin Clean, and maybe $10 in plastic, felt, and wood (plus a shop vac), I clean about 6 records an hour, with them completely and immediately dry afterwards.  I use a Spin Clean first, then vacuum it dry with a PCV wand made with a wood dowel for the center hole, a slit made with a dremel tool extending from just inside the label to just outside the record edge, and felt (I think) around the slit for the record to rest on. Attach a shop vacuum to the end of the wand (other end taped shut), and anything loose left behind by the Spin Clean (including the solution) comes right off. Care is needed to not drop or scratch the record while handling of course (almost happened a few times) but it is obviously effective as my wife complains she can't hear any clicks or pops, while I love how silently they play (usually can't hear the lead-in groove). Started just with the Spin Clean, but could only do two or three albums before the towels were all too wet to completely dry all the albums I wanted to clean that session. Just another alternative method to consider.

@whart 

Thanks for that.  I don't suppose you got to meet Simon.  He had installed that equipment many years previously.

Another vote for the Loricraft 4. Best vacuum pump going. And the new vinyl string each cleaning ensures a great cleaning.