What is the best tonearm for a SOTA Nova turntable?

I haven't played an LP for a while now. I've moved from CD's to streaming both Tidal and my own rips from a Roon Nucleus plus. My SOTA Nova with an ET2 arm has been sitting idle along with hundreds of high quality LP's. I've heard that the ET2 is not a good match with the SOTA, and may be the weak point in my analog chain. (SOTA-ET2-Lyra Kleos -Allnic 1201 phono stage- ARC Ref6- PS Audio-BHK300 amps-Reference 3a Grand Veena speakers and unnamed sub system. 

My digital system with a Holo May DAC and Roon with HQP trounces the analog system pretty soundly.

I'd like to resurrect the analog system as I have read that I'm missing out not using it.

My question is, where can I make the most improvement for the least cash outlay?

I'd like to keep the SOTA table, but everything else is expendable.

Thanks in advance for some help.

-John

gyneguy225

Showing 1 response by rdk777

I would say go the ARC Ref 3.  It's an end game phonostage - upgradeable to the SE if desired.  I went through a few phonostages before getting to the Ref 2SE. It adds a tubey flavor to my ss amp, in my pursuit, I've found that the best sound is when coupled with a good SUT.