What is meant exactly by the description 'more musical'?

Once in awhile, I hear the term 'this amp is more musical' for some amps. To describe sound, I know there is 'imaging' and 'sound stage'. What exactly is meant by 'more musical' when used to describe amp?

dman777

I will only add that our brain care a lot , not necessarily our ego though 😁, about frequencies and SPL because with the HTRF functions differentials our 2 ears can localize the source of sound in space , very useful when you hunt to give meat to your children for millions of years ...

And precisely to complete atmasphere right comment , taste and general rules of hearings are correlated specifically in hearing aids technology ...

Taste there is, but acoustic and musicality is not first and last about taste ...

Then defining musicality by tastes only is a hidden vicious circle....or said in another way a common place useless fact ...Or using the title of a very known book who spoke about some physical theory impossible to verify, it is  "not even wrong "...

@atmasphere   " During that " modeling " proccess human being does not cares about SPL or frequency range: we all learn .."

That modeling start even before we comes out to the sun ligth. SPL is something that just " happens " and that we learn rigth from the start in inconcious way and then we follow growing up and follow learning about even if no one tell us what means that SPL our ears goes the " modeling " proccess and been aware of different SPLs with out knowing this technically, same with frequency range. All those is only learning, our ears determine the different SPLs we can tolerate even with no explanation: is part of the orgabism capacities. We don't need to know about the term SPL to know which is the levels we can tolerate in different " scenarios ".

R.

It means that the listener is hearing what they think music should sound like.

That modeling start even before we comes out to the sun ligth. SPL is something that just " happens " and that we learn rigth from the start in inconcious way and then we follow growing up and follow learning about even if no one tell us what means that SPL our ears goes the " modeling " proccess and been aware of different SPLs with out knowing this technically, same with frequency range. All those is only learning, our ears determine the different SPLs we can tolerate even with no explanation: is part of the orgabism capacities. We don't need to know about the term SPL to know which is the levels we can tolerate in different " scenarios ".

@rauliruegas If I make this out correctly, you're not saying anything different from what I was.

@atmasphere   : Each one taste ( you can name it: flavor, color, " I like " or whatever. ) is as I already pointed out a result of each one of us life experiences inside what we were or are ssurrounded in each one of us different life stages. We don't live in a lonely island but the other way around we life full of other human beings during our life and we go to the kindergarden, school, high school, university, we know internet and have cel phone from we were child, we watch TV or Netfilx, we travel, go to the zoo, we swim in a pool but time to time we go to the sea, we know Dentist, a motocycle, F1 cars, mountains, trees, etc, etc, we attenedded to libraries, and talk with " thousand " of people during our life,  .

Maybe we never attended to a concert but even that we know what we like we know the kind of sounds that puts us in alert or that we don't like and the Amygdala is our guide.

Everuthing including hearing rules ( as you said. ) developed and continue developing our whole behavior.

Flavor, TASTE, I like it, is part of that whole human being behavior..

I already told that everything concious or not is part of our lifwe experiences and the great Amygdala..........!!!!!!

I name it TASTE and as I said you or any other gentleman can name it with different word but the genesis is exactly the same.

Do it you a favor in favor of this dialogue: stay away of all what technically you learned, stay out of Audio and try to look in a more universal way. I take it in this way and that's why I said : I don't care, life teach me all what I'm interested or not interested.

R.