What is meant exactly by the description 'more musical'?

Once in awhile, I hear the term 'this amp is more musical' for some amps. To describe sound, I know there is 'imaging' and 'sound stage'. What exactly is meant by 'more musical' when used to describe amp?

dman777

Showing 2 responses by webking185

When a amp is not harsh and bright, tonally balanced and your sound is smooth with treble and bass. Some amps can have a strong bass oitput and become very punchy. For me the some Yamaha amps are very musical, while others can be bright.  My Luxman 590 is very detailed and the music is refined to hearing the clean crisp sound.  Its a matter of taste and preference,  i have Yamaha, Luxman, NAD and Emotiva EQ.  You tell me.

@dman777 , you're 100% correct.  AS3200 is very tube sounding. And a amp I'll be enjoying for a while.  When you listen to the Luxman 590II vs AS3200 they are completely different.  Luxman has the detail, refiness and precision that a class A is known for.  The speaker matching is very important.  I've never own McIntosh gear so I cant say much of their characteristics.  I know people aren't fans of Yamaha gear on Agon, but when you look at their company history, technology and musical instruments.  Yamaha knows what they are making and selling.  I'm a character of less is better and amps that are 100w fall in my category.  For me its always music first, but man, equipment that looks nice just makes it so much satisfying to own and hear.