what is everybody listening to right now

I wasn't really sure where to post this so here goes. What cds ( as I do not currently listen to vinyl ) are people spinning in their ssytems. (heavy rotation) Currently I have been Chris Cornells (one l or two I can't remember) solo recording "euphoric morning"
emily

Showing 1 response by fam124

As to the Chris Cornell solo recording cited by "Emily," I seem to recall reading somewhere that he was exploring/taking particular pains in an effort to produce a recording of exceptional sound quality. I haven't heard "Euphoric Morning," but I am curious as to whether there is anything special going on there---production-wise. I like rock and in my younger days that was pretty much all that I listened to. But rarely do I come across any new material that is truly well-produced, i.e., that sounds really good when played back on a quality sound system. Currently in heavy rotation are: Al DiMeola - "Orange and Blue," & "Kiss My Axe" (somewhat oldies but exceptional goodies). Elianne Elias - "Plays Jobim" & "Everything I Love," McCoy Tyner "with Stanley Clarke and Al Foster" - this Telarc DSD CD release is the absolute tops in production quality among all my recent acquisitions. Gives you that you-are-there/musicians are in-your room kind of experience. Lyle Mays - "Solo Improvisations for Expanded Piano."