What + experience have you had with an indoor FM antenna?

Right now, I cannot do an outdoor antenna, so thinking of adding an indoor one.  I had the Magnum Dynalab indoor antenna and would say it was O.K. ....I have not been very interested in amplified antennas.  I am not in a good FM area and find online FM to be limited in sound quality, frequency response...and way too much talk...even some esoteric online seem to have hosts/D.J.s that cannot shut up and play music. 

jusam

Showing 1 response by cd318

Pretty awful, even up in the loft, but this was 30 years ago.

Apparently the best way to go was to fit an outdoor roof mounted rotating unit back then.

One for the real afficinados I think.

Strangely enough I got some decent results experimenting with different cables stuck to the wall.

I used to find a weak station and then experiment with different cables and positions.

I can say without a doubt, at least when it came to picking up FM stations, that not all cables were the same.

Rather frustratingly, the signal would improve whilst I was holding the wire antenna, bit as soon as I’d let go...

https://www.radio4all.org/how-to-improve-fm-signal-on-radio-with-a-single-wire-antenna/