What do/did you do for a living?

With the increasingly high priced items people own and are selling, I'm curious about the line of work people do or have done. I thought my $5k integrated was a massive investment, but seeing users searching for $100k speakers or $75k SET amplifiers has me curious about the varying lines of work people do to afford these items. 
128x128j-wall

I own and operate a Porsche service and repair facility outside of Boston. I have been doing it for well over 40years. I turn 66 next month and staying busy trying to keep up with my  5.5 year old daughter...System is made of up of Magico/Octave/Basis/My Sonic/Emm labs....I must admit..life is very good these days.

Retired maintenance technician for the USPS. I worked on the various mail processing machines used to sort mail. I invested during my entire career in the federal version of a 401K called the Thrift Savings Program, so I retired with a nice nest egg along with SS and a pension. Wife is a retired executive level employee of a major financial institution, so we are very comfortable in our golden years. She couldn't care less about my hobby but does enjoy the music!

My adventure into the wonderful world of audiophilia started in the mid 60's and I have been actively involved with it since then. I probably have about $25K in my current system and am pretty much done tinkering with it, because I'm very happy with the sound of it. Although my purchases have always been regulated by specifications and reviews rather than price tags, I've been lucky enough to arrive at my current system without ever spending more than $6K on any one component. 

Just retired commercial artist. Working mostly with Disney the last 35 years. Freelance. I’ve painted for all the movie companies, VHS + DVD covers, movie posters, etc. If you’ve had kids, you’ve probably had my art on your shelves.

House in the woods paid off years ago. I always seem to be in the right place and time to find audiophile level equipment. I can’t imagine a system sounding better than what I’ve ended up with. It was just dumb luck how it came together. Total investment, around 25K for main system.

@jjss49 Yes. When I saw this I felt that I may have added to it. After a quick look it seems that it escaped me. So in correction....

I was a Researcher/Professor of Plant Breeding until I retired in 2006.  Became a  Audiogon member in 2011 as part of reuniting with this audio hobby.

Will now need to go back and revisit this thread.