What do $2500 speaker cables sound like?

Sooo curious about this.  I now use cables costing about $200 and 20 yrs old.

dont want to throw out brands, but its well known.

what can someone expect?

jumia

Showing 3 responses by raysmtb1

Why hasn’t somebody made a grid that shows how  s stereo system I is affected by their speaker cable? If you buy a system and it’s too bright and you want to warm it up what brand do you buy? Or do you just look at the cable that looks like the packaging is nice and warm and then take that one home and hook it up and hope that it warms up your system? Is that how it’s done? I’m trying to figure out the logic. Isit like gambling you go into A dealers place and you ask the dealer what does this cord act like? Is it like when you buy weed can you smoke a little bit of it before you take it home to make sure that it’s good weed? Seriously somebody please express the logic to me of how this works. I don’t know because I have Macintosh equipment and it has tone controls
You know what this reminds me of? Remember going to the mall as a 10 year old kid in the 70s let’s say, that’s my generation and picking out new sneakers? Cell the sales person puts the shoe on your foot and then they always pushed on your big toe to make sure you had enough room. Then you put the other shoe want to make sure that your feet were the same size and that everything fit properly. At that point I can remember leaving the store and running around the mall and being amazed at how much faster I could run in the new shoes. I got to believe that some of that comes back to life as an adult when you spend a nice chunk of change on a set of good looking cables. It makes everything better, faster, more detail, warmer, larger soundstage you name it it makes it better.