what CD player or dac I should get. my preamp is sp10, amp is d-150

hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I got lucky to get a sp10+d150 combo (my speaker is .7 Magnepan). but shame to say, right now I am using 30$ Sony dvd playing cd, I don't know if I should get a better CD player .

so, my "vintage style" friend keep saying that I should get the old time peak. such as Philips lhh1000, Marantz cd7, cd12, cd94, cd99, Mark Levinson 30.6+31 etc. he said all this machine is not about the definition. those are all like instrument, some big giant at the old day adjust sound for this machine, and they make the cd sound analog style.

but, I guess, nowadays cdplayer is more accurate and get more info right?  some people say nowadays CD player will easy beat the old one.

sorry about the long foreshadow.
my question is, for my final cd machine what you guys recommend? old peak or nowadays audio research cd8 ect? do I need to buy cd turner and dac separate? I just don't wanna spend large money to get a brain exaggerate equipment.

also for small money CD player, what can I go for? actually I think the 30 buck CD player play music pretty nicely, I never have a good CD player experience, can you guys share to me?

thank you everyone.
128x128leidongnirvana
An active subwoofer will really help the bass! I bought a second-hand Carver The Cube sub for use with my Quads. A good and recommendable purchase!
Regarding the OP, he thinks Janos Starker Cello in the Six Bach Suites for Solo Cello sounds like a Viola.  Starker actually does have a light, pure tone, and of course in the Sixth Suite it will sound light is because Bach wrote it for a 5 string viola de gamba.  Before using this recording to judge the bass output of his Maggies he should try a different Cellist that really digs into the guts of the Cello, such as Yo Yo Ma.  And he would do much better with a Classical Orchestral work (not to mention Rock or Jazz) to test  the Maggies.  Sine I am guessing that the OP hails from the Netherlands, I would suggest the Amsterdam Concertgebouw in the opening of The Firebird by Stravinsky, either conducted by Jansons (better recording) or Haitink (better performance).
thanks for reply,I will try.
I think mage do really need to play loud. also I hear the seller told me that ARC d150 is good for high and mid tone, not really good at bass. I think maybe this is also a reason too.

but I think mainly problem is still about I need to get a bigger mage. and play loud volume. 

really hope I can get a 3.7i or 20.7 one day!