What can you tell me about First Sound pre-amps?

Only recently have heard about these pre-amps. Are they as good as they are made out to be? Is the least expensive model as good as say a R0land Synergy? I live in Seattle and have never heard of this pre-amp so any information would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jerry.
dumboatc8da
I think the BEST pre amp out there bar none is the new superphon Revelation 3....... you can get it with or without gain.......... I think it will smoke anything. I heard one without gain....best preamp out there.
Artg, I would be interested in your impressions of any of the other pre's you mentioned: deHavilland Mercury 2, CAT, or the JE. Please update this thread.
I see I've been away a while, and the thread has grown.
Kalan, I've had FIM outlets ever since I "returned" to the land of audiophilus nervosa, so that's not the issue.

I find it interesting that I've NEVER had this issue with brass before, not on any system I've ever had. I find it puzzling, but still don't know what's causing it. It's not as though it's horrifying: it's just noticeable on fortes.
I've already written Emmanuel, who suggested an upgrade to the Paramount, but I don't think I should have to upgrade to resolve this.
I'll just live with it for now...
Kalan:
One more thing. My rack is the Finite Elemente Spider -- which doesn't have any shelves to speak of. The equipment sits on elastometers that fit onto the wooden legs of the stand, so there's no sound bouncing between shelves. Ingenious solution, I must say! The equipment sits in "open air," so to speak. Nice rack, much better than the Billy Baggs, which sounds "dark" by comparison, and "heavier," too. The music seems freed up on the Spider and more delicate.
Mphnkns, So you have the outlets and shelves covered. Good. Did you mentioned in another response whether you're using a power conditioner or power strip of some sort? If you are, by pass it and go direct from the wall.

Could you please tell me (again, if you've already said) what power cord(s) you're using on the First Sound---and what the power cords are elsewhere in your system for that matter? If you have access to Silent Source power cords, give them a try.

Also, what model of First Sound are we talking about? (Sorry if you're repeating things, here...)

The only other thing I can think of is that guidocorona's suggestion of the 'cuivre' phenomenon on brass may be coming through with the First Sound in such a way that happens to mesh right in with the rest of your system's qualities so as to make it more apparent than with other pre-amps.

Your case is an odd one. I have found that the First Sound pre-amp is neutral, and it seems to be sensitive to system integration issues possibly more than some other pre's.