What can I expect from Klipsch RF-7 w/small tube?

I have an Onix SP-3 integrated amp that throws out only 38 watts. Currently, I am using Silverline Sonatina III, which are beautiful and I enjoy, however, I occasionally find myself wishing for more low end punch. I know that I could go to a SS integrated, but I just love the tubes. What do you guys think about the Klipsch RF-7 with my small tube integrated? Also noteworthy is the fact that I don't have spikes on the Sonatinas and they are on carpet. I doubt spikes would dramatically tighten up the bass, but I also know that it wouldn't hurt. Help me guys, thanks.
jefferdr
I run my Klipsch Chorus II's and KLF-20's (series right before the Reference Line) with my little 14 watts/ch Eico HF-81. Klipsch speakers match up very well with tubes and because they are very efficient, they don't need a lot of power. The 14 watts/ch on my HF-81 provides enough power to get my speakers to ear-bleeding levels if I wanted (room size is 15W x 20L x 8H).

Smaller woofer size is going to give you better bass punch than larger woofer size. If you do end up getting Klipsch speakers (any Klipsch), upgrading the crossover networks is a MUST.
I got the RF-7s today, hooked them up and was instantly struck by how much information was thrown at me. It was shocking, hearing the threads that wove the music together, unravel, strand by strand. Still early on in my experience, but I know for certain that these speakers are going to stick around for a while. I am completely sold on high-effeciency speakers. They offer exceptional qualities that I look forward to exploring. The Silverlines aren't going anywhere either, but right now, I am smitten with Klipsch. By the way, thanks for the responses guys.
Congrats on your RF-7 speakers! You will really enjoy them, they are very fine Klipsch speakers! They are among Klipsch best. I own many speakers, including Klipsch KLF-30, Klipschorn 2005, RF-3, LaScala, Cornwall, and RF-7. A well setup Klipsch RF-7 is incredible. The Klipsch RF-7 is one of my most favorite Klipsch speaker and I now own 3 pair of RF-7. They are very clean, dynamic, superb imaging, and detail resolution is incredible. I love mine, I know you will enjoy!!!
I have a pair of RF-7's running with a rebuilt Fisher 500C.
35 watts tubes, sounds excellent.
You will have plenty of power. I do think the RF-7's can benefit from a sub-woofer.

Tom
Are these speakers bright? I have been told these things are very bright and harsh. I have never heard them myself, but since I listen to mostly pop/rock I have been kind of interested in the Klipsch line/ RF-7s as I heard these are very good with that type of music.