What cable companies make the best cables and sell them directly?

What cable companies make the best cables and sell them directly?

I have a good quality system and I am looking for better quality cables for all connections.

Denefrips Terminator DAC
Martin Logan Expression ESL 13A Electrostatic Speakers
Pass Labs 260.8 Mono Amplifiers (2)
PS Audio BHK PreAmplifier
Sony Blu Ray UBP-X800 CD/Blu Ray Player
SVS PB 16-Ultra Subwoofer

I am looking for good quality cables sold directly to the consumer.  I am currently using no name, better than average, cables.  I refuse to pay the 100 % markup of the better line of cables that are sold through middlemen.  I am looking for companies that have had very good reviews.

This is NOT to be a discussion as to whether or not cables make a difference.

Thank you to all for your assistance.

firstonetallguy

Stager Silver Solids -

Pure silver in Teflon at $150 for a meter pair, they've have beeen compared to and surpassed far more costly cables.
Reviews (several reviewers bought them at full price) and copious user comments at:  https://stagersound.com/silver

Worth your considerastion, methinks,
Marc Stager
(yep, I make these!)

Wavetouch audio makes best cables and sells direct. Best quality cables? The proof is in videos of Audiophile Junkie. AJ recorded many rooms at the audio show Long Beach last month. You can hear all of them in his youtube channel. I hear the true music is flowing only at WT room (#407). Almost other rooms had veiled and broken sounds. Many ears are used those sounds and they can’t hear the true WT sound.

In below AJ’s videos, from 5:00, if you hear AJ’s (& people) voice is clear and normal, your ears are OK. At this moment, you pinch your nose and blow to equalize your ears. Many ears are covered up due to harsh hi-fi sound.

Then from 7:50 the music starts and you hear a strange music sound. Your ears will try to adjust to this sound and soon the sound becomes barely OK. However, AJ’s voice becomes abnormal now. Every times there is human voice (or real sound), your ears will adjust to the sound and then the hi-fi sound becomes unlistenable. Your ears work very hard to adjust between real sounds and reproduced hi-fi sounds. This is a reason we get the listener fatigue. Almost all sound systems including super expensive audio setups emit this unreal sound.

In below AJ’s video, listen to AJ’s (and people) voices and WT sound. They are almost same kind. Your ears don’t get tired from WT’s real sound. This is proof that WT cables are the best. Cheers,

Alex/Wavetouch 

Hello firstonetallguy,

My 2 cents: with no time/no money to test all cables, I have simply applied the advices from TAS High-End Audio Buyer's Guide (www.theabsolutesound.com)  

In the 2021 release, they recommended the Moon Audio cables Silver Dragon cables (p 226) among other more famous brands.

I have witnessed tremendous improvement with most connections (interconnect cables, USB cable and Ethernet cable).

Before I had tried other cable brands in order to improve the SQ at about the same price but was either not impressed (ie no improvement) or even very disappointed (very harsh sound causing fatigue). 

I was also very doubtful about the USB and the Ethernet cables as many people in this forum say that there is no difference. In my case the difference was quite substantial (stage depth and width, openness, details, etc...) and I will never go back to basic USB and Ethernet cables.

There is also "The Absolute Sound’s 2017 Guide to Affordable High-End Audio" which proposes various bargain cables. Maybe worth considering even though this guide is already 5 years old.

Hoping this helps.

Hi Everyone,

I have gone over all of the responses to this date, 07/04/22, and have spreadsheeted the results that you see below.  These are the company names with the quantities of mentions.  I thought this might be helpful to others who are following this discussion.

If you have not contributed and want to add your agreement or disagreement with any of the names listed, please do so and I will adjust accordingly in the future.

Please remember I am only interested in businesses that sell their cables directly to the public.

Thanks again for all your wonderful help.

COMPANY                      

Analysis Plus 1                    
Anti Cables 1 1 1 1 1            
Art Cable 1 1                  
Audience 1 1 1                
Audio Art 1 1                  
Audio Envy 1 1 1 1 1            
Audio Sensibility 1 1 1 1              
Audiomica 1                    
Auditorium23 1                    
Benchmark 1                    
Black Cat Cable 1                    
Blue Jeans Cable 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1  
Cable Company 1 1 1 1              
Cerious Technology 1 1                  
Chin Audio Labs 1                    
Cullen Cable 1 1 1 1              
Custom House 1                    
Darwin 1 1                  
Dueland 1                    
EWA Cables 1                    
Gig Harbor Audio 1                    
Grover Huffman 1 1 1 1              
HaveInc 1                    
High Fidelity 1                    
Iconoclast 1 1                  
Lavri Cabl 1                    
Morrow Audio 1 1 1 1 1            
Purist Audio 1 1 1                
Raven Audio 1 1 1                
Requisite Audio 1                    
Shindo 1                    
Signal Cable 1 1 1 1 1 1 1        
Silnote Audio 1 1 1                
Silversmith Audio 1 1 1 1 1            
Sommer Cables 1                    
Stager Sound 1                    
Tempo 1                    
Townshend 1                    
Transparent Cable 1 1 1                
Triode Wire Labs 1 1 1 1 1            
Wavetouch 1                    
Wisdom Cable 1                    
Wywires 1                    
Zavfino 1 1 1 1              
Zenwave 1 1                  

You can add Danny at GR Research to your list for power and speaker cables (speaker cables are kits, or you can pay him to build for you).

I just received three power cables from him last week, and am pretty impressed thus far. Seems a good deal for the $ as well.