What Brand Of Hearing Aids Are Audiophiles Using?

This isn't a joke, so please no things like:  no wonder you own Mac or GE or I knew you were deaf, you get the idea.  I have been to an ENT already (my ears were professionally cleaned) and had a hearing test scheduled with an Audiologist but it has been cancelled until our stay at home order is lifted hopefully by the middle of May.  I have done 2 online tests and have found I am not hearing anything above 11K.  At 67 years old, I thought my hearing was still ok as I can hear differences in changes of equipment, cables, etc.

I would like to hear from other audiophiles either here or via a PM if you are too embarrassed as to what brand you recommend to give me a good sound.  A friend said he won't use his hearing aid when listening to his system because everything sounds tinny.   So, there you have it, any helpful response would be appreciated, as I am sure I am not the only one
128x128stereo5

Hearing loss is usually so gradual that by the time we perceive the loss, it is usually pretty significant. What people are perceiving as unnatural is probably what they were hearing when their hearing was good.

My brother-in-law got some expensive aids and refuses to wear them because he hears sounds like gravel crunching under his shoes when walking. We tend to forget what good hearing is.

I was involved in a university sponsored hearing study several years ago and received a free set of aids at the end of the study. Although nowhere near high end what I learned from the study was more useful than the instruments. Don't be too quick to judge new hearing aids. You may very well be hearing what you used to hear when you were in your prime! Best to do your research and try to get something with a trial period and returnable if they don't work for you.

if you get a reputable, established provider, they will let you demo them for a few weeks before buying…so, there’s really nothing to lose except maybe the cost of appts.

There are many types and degrees of hearing loss…but I’m hear to tell you my hearing aids sound wonderful and even add sorely missed sense of air (I was missing some high frequencies and things were beginning to sound really flat before the Oticons). It truly is a new era of listening for me. Something I’m fortunate and grateful for…

Like anything else, you get what you pay for.

@stereo5 pm me if you’d like to know more about my experience…otherwise, good luck.

I see the OP is from a few years ago, but I use Oticon OPN1 for behind the ear and Widex Moment 440 for in-ear...