What area or country do you live in ?

It's always interesting hearing members choices and opinions of equipment and set-ups on here. So many times, I have never even heard of equipment that is mentioned, only to find out that this person in living in another county from mine. I thought it would be interesting to see where we all live

I'll start

Southeastern Ohio, USA

nitrobob

And you are thrice divorced woodsage, no?

Not to mention all bound up from eating all that government cheese. 

Grew up in Blauvelt New York, next to the Tappan Zee. Living in Weare New Hampshire for last 40 years.

Kansas City Metro Area!!....not exactly the audiophile capitol of the country. But, it is definitely becoming a high end hometheater hub in the country.

Many homes around here have significant sized basements. Relatively young guys have started finishing/converting basements into hometheater rooms, learning about audio, upgrading speakers, measuring/treating their rooms, integrating subwoofers correctly, etc and are able to produce some very high quality sound even for a 2 channel application in their theater rooms. There is definitely the trend of multipurpose theater/entertainment rooms for movies, music, games, etc here.

Proud of my underdog city where dudes are perhaps not as well off as dudes in other affluent parts of the country...but, they are definitely breathing new life into a dying hobby....