What are your top 5 Billboard top 10 songs of the 1970"s?

As many agree the 1970’s had the best pop music of any recorded era, I thought it would be very interesting to see what Audiogon members have to say about this. I know 5 is tough but I did not want to make this post too long winded. As always I appreciate your time and selections. My top 5 are...

#1 Baker Street-Gerry Rafferty 1978 #2
#2 Summer Breeze-Seals & Crofts. 1972 #6
#3 American Pie-Don Mclean. 1972 #1
#4 Ricki Don’t Lose That Number. 1974 #4
#5 Miracles-Jefferson Starship. 1975 #3

Yes there are many great songs I could have placed here but this is my list for 8/18/21. Look forward to your responses!
dayglow

Showing 3 responses by sns

Trivia answer, Stealers Wheel, have the album. I hardly ever listen to 70's music anymore, don't romanticize my druggie days anymore.
Some 70's music I can still listen to.Ball Of Confusion-TemptationsGreen Eyed Lady-SugarloafLong and Winding Road-BeatlesReflections of my Life-MarmaladeLove Me Or Let Me Be Lonely-The Friends of Distinction
Still, love soul music from that era, burned out rock of later 70's my issue.
Don't mean to cast aspersions on previous poster, but Hey Jude is perhaps the WORST song ever made IMO. Every time I hear that song reminds me of my nephew singing along with that song, the apple of his parents eye. Everyone had to watch and smile, laugh, say how cute the kid is. That kid was the most devious and provocative kid ever, how did I know, I had to babysit him! Singing that never ending song with the nah, nah, nah, nah, the memory drives me NUTS!