What are the audio differences you hear with turntable Mats.

I have always used a felt mat on my Linn Basik turntable that has an Akito tonearm and Rena Exacta 2 cartridge. What audio differences can one expect with different mats? Felt, rubber and acrylic. 

joscow

Showing 6 responses by danmar123

Just my $.02, I'm a PROUD owner of the new Boston Audio Mat on my Technics GAE with an SME 309 arm. I've tried Herbie's way excellent, cork & rubber & Teac paper mats. All as you know have their own signature, but the BAM brings the best out of my deck!

Now if I can find a suitable tone arm base material, I'd be a happier camper. Always going down the Rabbit hole........ 

@atmasphere what I've been reading is that Corion is a good choice, this is why I asked the question in the first place.

@atmasphere that’s the answer I was looking for. I have a 2 piece aluminum arm board now, I’m going to look for a billet aluminum arm board now.

Thank you!

@atmasphere the plinth of the table is cast aluminum, so if the Corion tonearm base sits flat in the plinth, you think I would need a aluminum ring? Or do you think Billet would be better?