What amps do Electrical Engineers own...why?

Not being an engineer, I would like to know what the electrical engineers in the crowd own for amps and what engineering features made them choose that amp? As a lay person, I don't know enough to be able to differentiate good engineering from good marketing.
schw06

Showing 2 responses by zd542

Interesting question.

"As a lay person, I don't know enough to be able to differentiate good engineering from good marketing."

You really don't have to. Listen to some amps and pick the one you like best. Also, just because someone is an electrical engineer doesn't make them right. Its a matter of what you like, not what someone else likes.

Another option you may want to consider is working with a good dealer. They can assist you in making the right choice. Thats what they're for. I know some really good ones. If you post the area you live in, I may be able to recommend a good store for you.
"Which ever amps have the BEST specs."

How do you define best specs? Specs on audio equipment are notoriously inaccurate. There's no accepted standards by which to rate components. One companies 50 watts is another companies 100 watts. Going just by specs, a Sony receiver from best buy has better printed specs than most high end equipment.