Well...I am taking the plunge into digital..

Wanted to introduce myself and say hello and continue to learn here. I have been lurking and learning for a couple of months as I educate myself on the digital side after a lifetime (60+ years) of tube "Hi-Fidelity".

Currently just playing with my home theatre set up and running Mconnect into QoBoz from my I Phone into my Yamaha receiver to Def Tech Power Monitor 700's to understand the landscape. Much to learn before I commit to scaling up my next system.

I am intrigued by the technology and have listened to a number of systems. Thanks  for the knowledge shared already.

Poke33

poke33

Showing 3 responses by mahler123

So the Yamaha AVR is playing Qobuz and you are controlling it with the MConnect app on the iPhone.  How is Qobuz getting to the receiver?  Is there a Bluetooth connection?  Or is it coming via Ethernet?  In other words, does the Yamaha have a built in streamer?  Or if not Bluetooth or Ethernet, are you using AirPlay?

AirPlay isn’t bad, maybe just a notch below Red book CD.  Chromecast sounds much better.  At any rate, using AirPlay means that you haven’t optimized what digital can do.  If you are happy with current setup, that’s great, but don’t make any conclusions about the capabilities of digital until you go there