wanting to take a digital step

hello, more lately I have been discovering artists on Bandcamp and elsewhere who don't put things out on vinyl. More often new things I have bought on vinyl don't always sound that great.  so with that I want to try a cheap set up of some kind to listen from my laptop connected to my system. I did have some cheap $10 interconnects that did the job, barely. just wondering what some digital vets would suggest. Any simple decent solutions for say <500 that would be ok? I have tried looking on different threads and it got confusing. Do I get a cheap CD player or some kind of better set of interconnects to listen from a laptop. I just don't know.  thank you.

128x128fourwnds

The OP states a budget of 500 or less. I don’t believe that this T+A DAC meets the criteria.

This dac beat everything up to 2x it’s cost check it out.

good morning audiogoners, I want to thank you all for your recommendations.  I will be researching the blue sound streamer.  Those Schitt dac's look appealing to get started.  I am excited to hear some music that I don't know about that I will love.  

Or maybe I'll go straight to the streamer but If I do go with the Schitt to start with my laptop what usb cord do I need to connect to dac?  There are a lot of different ones(A-B, etc.) I don't know about, its confusing.  I have a MacBook Air that I was hoping to use.  I think I can use the standard USB port as an audio out but I don't know. I don't want to use the headphone out as the sound was crappola and I had to wiggle the cord to get both channels working.

Again thanks for the help, it is very much appreciated.

Another question about the streamer option, will I be able to stream music stored on my laptop or just from my phone or iPad?

@charles1dad 

Ya... at $5000 I'd say it is way off mentioning in this thread. Makes one think, is there an alterior motive for mentioning it with a link to promote and sell it?

Post removed