walter becker Rest in Peace

Another prog rocker passes

128x128snook2
"11 Tracks" is one of the utterly under appreciated albums of all time and I also have had that thing on heavy rotation since the get-go. "Circus Money" was also astonishingly cool. 
So many great bands of the 70s/80s  have come and gone without me seeing them live.  But a couple years ago I was able to catch SD at Red Rocks.  My buddy bailed cause it was drizzling rain so I soldiered on alone.  What a treat.  The venue was completely socked in, it looked like a castle suspended the clouds and they were running squeegies on the stage to keep back the water.  Kieth Carlock on the drums was just incredible.  I will never forget his performance on Aja. Fagan's voice is not what it was but SD was still so good. One of the best nights at RR for me and there have been a bunch.  This year it was Ian Anderson with a  full string and woodwind section of the Colorado Symphony.  If you have never been there, find a band you love that is appearing there and go.  No place like it.
No one crafted more beautiful, complex, well recorded music, than the Dan.  Sad day.  Spent a lot of time watching you tube videos of Becker and Fagen.  Highly recommended.  Trying to score some tickets for their tour stops in Baltimore and / or Washington Area MGM Grand.  For anyone in this area I also highly recommend a local tribute band "Technicolor Motorhome".  They are doing a show at Rams Head in Annapolis Maryland on Sep 30 where they will play all of Aja as an 40 year anniversary tribute along with many of the Dan's other classics.  This bands plays about 6-8 shows a year and they can rock all of the Dan classics.
@jbuhl...I was at that concert!  It was a magical night.  If they'd let me, I would live at Red Rocks.  I've seen well over 200 concerts there.  One of my favorite places in the world.  

I have never missed Steely Dan when they've came to Colorado, (and have seen them other places also).   Red Rocks, Fiddler's Green, Aspen, Vail, Winter Park.  I've seen them well over 25 times.  More than any other band and I've been to LOTS of concerts.

Even a week later, I'm still bummed about Walter...what a talent and taken way too early...