WAF - Wife Acceptance Factor

Much has been written in these threads about the dreaded WAF, or wife acceptance factor. It usually entails making a compromise, or not getting that perfect speaker, or amp, or ... Well you get the picture.

But tell the truth guys. Haven't there been times when wifey actually helped?

In my case, I casually mentioned to my wife that the picture quality of my front projector would be much improved if I could better cotrol the light in the den. So what did she do?

She put up nice thick curtains. It not only blocks the light and makes the den like a cave, it also improves the diffuse surround sound field with the absorptive material. What a gal!

Would love to hear your stories. :o)
kinsekd

Showing 1 response by jaf2290

my bride is a trooper...she usually just says, whatever you want to do...she tpp has helped me with making curtains for my patio door...bought me lp cleaning accessories. of course i reciprocate with granite countertops, new furniture...as long as neith one of us go overboard, or get in debt we're fine. BTW, she listen with me almost all the time and has a great set of ears. when i got my new preamp (klimax kontrol) we listened to The Wall, adn at the same time looked at one another and she said "on my God, ive never heard THAT before!!" i love my wife