Wadia 860x vs Audio Aero Capitole Mark II 24/192?

what's up everybody,

I need some opinon.

Ok, I'm own a Wadia 860x for a while now, I'm thinking to try the Audio Aero Capitole Mark ll 24/192. I have been reading about the Capitole Mark ll for a while it sounds like it would be incredible to owned. My question is, Did anyone had any experience compare this two model? Which one sounds better? Any info would appreciate.

Thank You.
Bernardino
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xsayjul

Showing 1 response by tireguy

Hello, I listened to both extensively and ended up purchasing the audio aero, the Wadia isn't(in all fairness) even close to the analog smooth sound the audio aero has. The capitole II really draws you toward the music, I find myself staying up much to late just listening and listening and listening. I auditioned the 860x direct it wasn't even as good as the accuphase I was using at the time. They all have a different sound, some swear by there 860x(they must have been hearing something I wasn't) and some swear by the capitole II, if at all possible you should demo both and maybe even an accuphase DP-75v. To sum things up the audio aero is a more relaxed sound(though not boring, just no glare/brightness to it) that puts an emphasis on musicality at perhaps the cost of a little bit of resolution(the audio aero adds a lot of PRaT to the system) as where the 860x may be slightly more resolving but can be analytic and have a sharp edge to the sound. Between the accuphase and the wadia I would take the accuphase any day of the week- both of those players use digital volume compared to the audio aero's analog attenuation, so if you plan on running direct(which I recommend) the audio aero has another advantage.