VSA speaker owners What did you upgrade to?

To all the VR owners out there, past and present, when or as you felt the desire to press on to another quest for speakerage, Exactly what did you press on and get?

Was it a big diff?

A little diff?

Glad you did it?

or wished you hadn't.

though I felt a need to ask other VSA owners these questions, anyone can chime in and perhaps we'll all get some other perspectives about loudspeaker changes.
blindjim
Beheme

Well, lets see, I've had JRs for a little over a year or so now. I started the thread. it asks what other vSA owners have moved on or up to... I should think perhaps I'm curious about upgrading. Huh? Maybe? If not then why point to VSA owners past to more present experience? I really did think it obvious online press and reviews weren't giving me the same level of info previous owners might.

Perhaps had I placed the words "In looking for sutable replacements for my JRs... I've been looking...". would have helped.

I was in no wise being derogutory as to Elaine's comments, but remarking as to her apparent fascination and happiness with her Hyperions, and her regard of same.

I really can't see how you could misread me there.

Better? Catch up some there pardner.

To aprise you more of my past experience (s), from recent memory only, I've had easily seven or eight pairs of speakers from six or seven speaker manufacturers over the past ten years. Half of which were in the 4K retail ranges. One of which is/was VSA made. I'll not add to those figures any which I simply auditioned outside my own home.

Consequently when I say the VR4 JR's are 'overachievers' I'm pretty sure I know where of I speak... so when another relates their next stop on the speaker trail was had without regret one... I say again... "Wow! That's some statement!"

I'm looking for input here friend, not asassinating people for their choices. What good would that gain anyone?

Okey doakey?

Moving forward...
Alain my sincere apologies for the gender misplacement if indeed that is applicable. 95% of what is posted online, I hear rather than see... I heard the pc say, Elaine. I apologize. I also wish I had the province to hear the Hyperions or had seen more press about them during my search. I believe the only Hyp unit I saw press on was quite old and a lesser model.

Personally, I want to move towards as Tvad said, another aspect of dynamic designed loudspeakers... higher eff, with an easier imp for use with a broader range of amps than the JRs afford me. Also is a prefference for standard biwireing use, and more a straight forward setup and implementation.

So for some time, I'm going to go with the Silverline brand and hopefully it will be a step in the right direction, surpassing the performance of the VR4 JRs. Time will tell.

Other thoughts about recent speaker upgrades and their effect are still more than welcome in adding to the info base herein.
in 2000 I went from VR6 to Avantgarde DUO for a simple reason. I moved to a new appartment with a very large room with a lot of echo. I was never sure how long I'd stay in that place and didn't want to invest a lot in room treatment. Someone suggested to look at the Avantgarde horns which are less sensitive to bright sounding rooms.
Meanwhile I have them for 7 years (now with Omega drivers)and will never go back to conventional speakers.
regards
Michael
"I want to move towards as Tvad said, another aspect of dynamic designed loudspeakers... higher eff, with an easier imp for use with a broader range of amps"

This is what I might do too. I love my HSEs, but I think my 100 watt RM9 strains to drive them sometimes. I am taking delivery of a pair of Coincident Super Eclipse IIIs today and we will see how they stand up to the VR4s.

Oz
Post removed