VPI Scoutmaster Tonearms

Hello All

Just curious I have a Scoutmaster with a 9 signature arm. Could I just switch out other arms that are complete or would I have to change the location where it is mounted. Was thinking about upgrading arm but do not want to drill.

Thanks and Good Listening
warpig
As an example I use to use Linn Ittok, Zeta, and Rega arms on the same cut out; but as I said, check to see if they are the same or very close on VE.
Agree 100% with Stan. If the S-P distance is off, you may have a tough time adjusting the over hang and alignment of your cartridge. Vinyl Engine is an excellent source which I used many times. BTW, the VE website can help you match your cartridge and tonearm with respect to resonant frequency. I think VE is pretty easy to surf, but if you have any questions, feel free to e mail me or post your Q here.
Thanks for the replies. Was thinking about going with a longer arm. Will check vinyl engine out.

Good Listening
I went from a VPI 9 inch Valhalla to the 10.5 with Valhalla...There was not an aural difference that I remember ...if there was one, it was very hard to find....not worth the time or money.
Strngreen,

I read your response that the 10.5 arm didn't give you that much difference over the 9. I have the 9 signature with vahalla wiring and inquired to VPI about going to the 10.5i to which they said there would be around a 20% benefit in sound.
Would this be the opposite of what you experienced?My arm is on a Superscoutmaster. Thanks in advance.