VPI Scout 1.1 parts to upgrade HW~19

I am on a quest to upgrade my HW-19. 

I’m looking at buying a Scout 1.1 and using the platter and tone arm on my HW-19 mkIII.

My current table has a rega rb300. I understand that the JMW-9T tone arm will fit the arm board drilled for the rega as they have identical measurements. Any thoughts about this? My intel on this.

I’m also wondering about the junction box? What is the best way to mount this? Mat from VPI has shared a similar upgrade before, but we never saw clearly how the box was mounted. Or ,more importantly, how the tone arm wire was connected? Video. And how does the anti-skate assembly work in this case? In the video (around 5:52), It looks like it is attached to the back of tonearm base? Is the anti-assembly necessary? 

The 1 3/8" thick Scout platter is a drop in replacement. If I upgrade the suspension using Herbies big and tall tender-feet the platter weight should be fine. 

Thanks for any help.

I’m using this image as inspiration.

[Image: 24831228_1766333486730947_40473016948644...e=62F62193]

kjim

I bought a Mk IV plater and bearing three years ago to put on a VPI Aries. It wasn't until after I purchased that I found out that the Aries plinth would have to be re drilled to fit the Mk Iv bearing, so I had to ship the plinth, bearing, and platter to VPI to be drilled out and fitted. Find out ahead of time if those three will be drop in, or do you need to send your table in to be re fitted by calling VPI and speaking to one of the techs. 

I had a MkIV platter on my HW-19 and it fit without having to drill. I have a super platter but it’s for a project. The bearing for the super platter fits perfectly.

Slaw, can I ask if you mean the bearing well fits the plinth hole perfectly or if you mean the bearing of a Mk IV or super platter drop into the existing MkIII bearing well perfectly?

It is unclear to me if i can just literally "drop in" a new platter or if i will need to replace the entire bearing assembly for these compatible platters.

Thanks.

With my super platter, the bearing mounting shaft fits the hole in the MkIV plinth perfectly. This bearing is secured by a nut on the bottom side instead of the screw mount of the standard non- inverted bearing. I hope that makes sense. 

I actually have used the original non- inverted bearing with the MK IV platter but I wouldn't recommend it. The MK IV bearing housing is made beefier.

Slaw, do you recall how to lubricate the MkIV bearing, and what to use?

Thanks.