VPI Prime Sig/Lyra Delos / Feedback ...help!

Hello all, strange one here...just picked up a VPI Prime Signature Rosewood and a Lyra Delos with about 20-40 hours on it...sounded great at low volume with my sacred Steely Dan - Aja Cisco pressing . Later that night at higher volumes I'm getting a midrange-low feedback . 

Here's my rig : 

VPI Prime Sig with Unipvot / Lyra Delos 0.6m output voltage / 1.75 tracking force

Allnic 1202 Phono Pre (variable DB boost  +22, +24 , +28, +32) 

Manley Snappers / Jumbo Shrimp Pre 

Harbeth 40.3XD 

So I A/B'd w the old turntable VPI Prime Scout / Unipivot / Hana ML 0.4 Output and all was fine 🤔 I then swapped arms moving the Hana to the Prime Sig , no feedback ....🤔

I've tried adjusting the Allnic (all 4 levels mentioned above) and get feedback with the Lyra on every setting...

The hifi business I purchased from said they had tested thoroughly and had 0 problem with it ...so I'm perplexed , this doesn't seem to be any vibration feedback , is the Lyra just not jiving with my Phonostage for some reason? 

Any help appreciated ...

128x128tommypenngotti

I know you don’t want to hear this but 

a current driven  phono stage like the little Loco by Sutherland will in essence set itself.  I’m running a Lyra Delos through 

the little loco and it’s pure magic. Sooo

if your phono stage is the culprit I would look at a trans

Current driven phono stage

good luck Willy-T

@willy-t 

thanks man , my current philosophy isn't condemning my phonostage. I think it's positioning / tonearm related... 

I thought you said above that  the Allnic and the Delos aren’t jiving

thats the reason I suggested the current driven phono stage 

hood luck Willy-T

Are having any footfall problems as well (do you have to tiptoe around your phono setup when it is playing to avoid skipping?).  It is common to have footfall problems with suspended wooden floors and this can complicate the solution because solutions that reduce your feedback problem may worsen any footfall problems.  With a wooden floor, it is probably best to put the table on a wall mounted turntable shelf--that would reduce feedback that is coming from the floor (your floor is like a giant sounding board picking up vibrations from the air as well as from the speaker cabinet that is grounded to the floor) as well as any footfall problems.  As I mentioned before, you can also work to make any rack your table sits on less prone to shaking (attach it securely to the wall).  After you have a solid foundation for your table, you should then try various shelves and platforms designed to damp vibrations.  It is hard to say which will work best as this is a matter of system- specific tuning.  

@mijostyn @atmasphere @mulveling @lewm @tablejockey 

So I just bought a 2" butcher block that's (solid AF) & 4 IsoAcoustics pucks, mounted turntable , put stylus down on non spinning record at loud volume tapped around & a/b'd against no butcher block...don't really hear much difference 🤷🏻