VPI 10.5i - Which armwands do I own?

Hi,

I do have 2 different VPI JMW 10.5i armwands.

apart from the different weight- 430 grams and 486 grams (without counter weights)- there are some additional differences which can be seen in the picture shown here:
http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n504/Helpho/Armwand105i.jpg

Pse help me to identify which armwands I have!!

Thanks vm in advance

Helmut
hatro
It looks like you have an aluminum, and a stainless steel arm wand. The sound is the same (it looks like they are both wired with Valhalla). The stainless steel one is newer. They changed it to accommodate more cartridges which require more heft. They are both set up the same way, and if you are using either Benz or Dyna cartridges, they both are equally good.
You say the one with the "slanted" azimuth ring can't be adjusted. I have one with the same azimuth ring, and it's adjustable. Did you loosen the two set screws holding it in place? It's still stiff to turn with the screws backed off, but it will move.
thank you vm for your responses

@Stringreen

yes, they are both wired with Valhalla.
I think you are right concerning the stainless steel arm wand; however, the materials used for both arms do not look different at all.
I still do have a vdH Frog, a Benz Micro Wood S L and a Ortofon Cadenza Bronze; started to check which I like most on the arm. At the mom I like the Cadenza on the heavy armwand most.

@Jr_w

the azimuth ring and the upper bearing housing are one piece;
no set screws.

@Bifwynne

thanks, I will contact VPI

Helmut
Mike told me that they make SEVEN different counterweights for these arms. Check yours. The bottom one must have a heavier counterweight than the top one. I have three 10.5i arm tubes, all different, two with 115g counterweights and one with 140g. I really can't imagine why the bottom arm tube has an immovable azimuth ring. What would be the point, if it can't be used to adjust azimuth?
You should use the off center rear counterweight to adjust azimuth. When adjusting, the bottom of the weight should be moved to the higher side.