Volti v Charney v Rethm

I am looking for a new speaker and like the horn sound. I have had a lot of exposure to Rethm Saadhana and do love the sound. But in reading I am also interested in the Volti Rival and Charney Companion Excalibur with AER BD3B. I have not heard the Volti or Charney, and will not realistically be able to audition those due to work obligations. Also, there is a used Charney available 

I play a wide variety of music, Floyd, Bach, Eva Cassidy, Emenem....

I have a Innuos streamer with equal play between CD and Qobuz. Weiss DAC, Atma-sphere MP-3 into Atma-sphere Class D. 

I like to close my eyes and feel like I am in the room with the band. I am sure that is what we all want, but I prefer to have realistic over analytical. 

I know this is very broad, but if anyone has thoughts about the difference in sound from these three, I would be grateful

jjonesy

You have picked three very good sounding speakers.  They are all lively sounding speakers.  The Rethm has, to me a little bit more of the horn and full range coloration, but, it is not that extreme.  The Rival can deliver deep bass and sounds good at high volume levels, but, I find the bass a touch disconnected from the mids and highs.  The Charneys, for my taste, are the best, but, to be clear, my priority is delivery of a lively sound at modest volume level—all three are very good in this respect but I like the Charney best.  I’ve heard them with Voxativ and AER drivers and like the AER more.

Sorry, can I add I have my system in the living room area. No other place is possible. My wife is not picky in looks. But my room is an open LV, kitchen and dining room. 25x30 feet with 13 foot ceilings 🙁

I really like both Charney and Volti with a preference for Charney I find them to be very continuous and lively. Rethm I've only heard once and don't remember the model I liked it but that's all I remember.

Have you considered perhaps the Fleetwood Deville SQ? I’m using them also with Weiss 501 DAC , Shindo amp and pre amp and the synergy is awesome.After many trial and error’s , I’ve come to the conclusion that my ears finally like what they hear.