Volti does it again!

For anyone at the Florida Audio Expo I hope you took the time to check in on what Greg of Volti audio brought. A new model, right between the Razz and Rival. It’s called Lucera and it sounds sublime! Everything I love about my Razz but better in all ways. I am literally sitting in my hotel room trying to negotiate with my better half on how to order a pair. 
PS, everything I’ve read about visiting the “Three Amigos” at the show is correct. Volti, Border Patrol, and Triode labs make a heavenly combination. I can’t wait to go back and listen again tomorrow.

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xdoyle3433

Your best bet is attending an audio show.  Volti makes appearances at a lot of shows.  There are many other good brands that also attend shows so some kind of rough comparison can be made.

Yeah: trolling badgerman. Because some DO DO IT and some don’t. Greg doesn’t want to. And as I said: it’s cool either way. But you’re insisting that it’s not reasonable to ask for such a policy. Which does exist. Thus, troll-ing.

If any Volti user has access to a quad of AHB2, I highly encourage one to try to do a biamp quad monobloc setup pushing them. Of course up front you need world class preamp and dac. I was about to get a volti, but changed my mind and got a JBL 4367 (2 ways). Tested a single AHB2 just for fun, ended up as permanent 4x AHB2.

The air, the realism, is insane when playing any live recording. I spoke with someone who owns a TAD R1 or CR1, using the same setup.

It can be risky to send a potential customer to hear Volti speakers at a customer's home.  I never know how the system is going to be setup and what other gear will be used with the Volti speakers.  It might be a good demo, or it might not.    

And yes, there is the liability thing that I have to be concerned about.  I don't really know most of my customers.  

One of the reasons I moved from Maine to Tennessee is because of the central location.  TN has eight bordering states and within one day driving distance of a very large chunk of the population in the U.S.  

If someone wants to come demo speakers here, it can be done in one day from anywhere in the country.  Fly into Nashville, I'll pick you up at the airport and take you to my shop.  You'll demo speakers, have lunch, maybe get a convertible ride, and then back to the airport we go. 

You'll get a tour of our modest little shop and see where we build your speakers.  I usually have one of each of our models to demo and I move the speakers in and out of the demo room (my living room) so that one pair is not interfering sonically with another pair.  

If you want to spend the night, I have a single bed that I can set up in my veneer room in the shop.  It's not too dusty in there, it's very comfortable and you get your own bathroom. 

This is really the best way to hear my speakers.  The cost is plane ticket and one day of your time for a nice experience all around.  I think worth it even if you don't end up buying my speakers. Remember, it's an experience for me too, which is why I don't mind making the effort.  

Life is short.  Get out there and enjoy it!

Greg

I agree doyle - it really is more fun to drive a slower car fast.  

I don't drive that fast anymore.  Those days are over for me.  I get much more enjoyment out of driving speeds that won't get me in trouble with the law, or cause a crash.  It's a lot less stress when you just relax and keep the speeds in check.  

I'm very lucky though, because I've got great backroads right nearby to me that allow me to drive at lower speeds and still have a spirited driving challenge.  

200hp seems about right for a relatively lightweight roadster, especially with a manual transmission.  The Boxster has great handling and that makes the corners that much more fun.  My car may be a bit rough around the edges cosmetically, but I've got it set up perfectly.  Turn in is sharp, I can feel the car rotate as I throttle through corners and with throttle on through a corner, coming out is seamless.  Just love it.  Love the sound it makes too.  I removed the snorkle on the air inlet, which is on the drivers side to increase the sound from the engine with the top down. 

Heading into a corner, rev-matching and downshifting to third, throttle on and pull it hard through the corner, no drifting for me, but close, full throttle on the way out of the corner, not enough power, cmon, cmon, cmon winding all the up through third and shift into fourth and then let off and let it cruise back down.  Man, makes me want to go out right now and drive it. 

Greg