Vinyl Repair?

Last night my wife was putting on our near mint condition original Tusk pressing and proceeded to drop it. In the process of catching it, she put a pretty good gouge into the first 2 songs, resulting in healthy pops I'd like to eliminate if possible. I’ve checked out a couple of YouTube vids on how to fix, but figured I’d trust people here to truly know. Seems like my options are 1) Put weight on needle and hope that somehow regrooves it (also seems like no one here is going to advocate for using your stylus in this manner) 2) the toothpick trick which seems to get good reviews and 3) some sort of 1500 grit sandpaper which seems insane.

Any advice pre divorce?

128x128mtbiker29

"Pre-divorce" advice:

If you have a well-appointed sound room, KEEP THE HOUSE!

Far as the vinyl (unless you have the hands of a Neurosurgeon), look here:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/10233528?ev=rb

I feel your pain. I dropped a copy of an old Bad Company LP last week. It was RIGHT after I managed to get it super clean. It caught the corner of the bookshelf.

sigh

I feel your pain. I once dropped a newly acquired 1st pressing, NM Blind Faith album and went to clean it and it slipped from my hands and down a wire metal shelving unit which took its rating from NM to G- or F in less that a second. It made for a good skeet shoot though. So I did have some fun with it.😡😀

BTW, IME, if the toothpick doesn't work then its pretty much final. I tried a straight pin on it and it made it worse, if anything. So i stick to the toothpick. Removes particles very good.