Vinyl - One Word - WOW!!

Just demo the Project debut carbon evo.  I am amazed! The music sounds alive!

Makes me not want to by CD's 

128x128jjbeason14

@tubeguy76 "Vinyl is pure nostalgia, don't get too wrapped up into it.  "

reel  to reel can get expensive, but thats pure BS. i hope no one else steps in it. 

I also have a nice collection from the 70's. Some of them still sound good, others don't. But even some of the new albums I bought, even the 180 gm ones often have sound issues with clicks pops etc. I have a very nice Nessie record cleaning machine that helps, but...

My current setup is a Music Hall 5.1 with upgraded acrylic platter, a Grado MC Sonata cartridge mated to a Musical Surroundings cream, and it sounds darn good on a good amp/speaker setup. But I just heard a new Project X2B balanced system and it takes it up another level! I may upgrade to that upstairs and move my Music Hall downstairs.

@marcdds77 you need to upgrade your turntable. Even the MH7.3 is better. I had the 9.3, then moved up the chain to a $3k turntable on the used market. Even $3k isn’t much to spend on a turntable!

I partially agree with you and understand your point completely. I hate the pops and clicks on many of my LP's, but when I get a good one and clean it properly, there is just a nice feeling to putting it on the turntable and sitting back between my speakers and just listening for 20 minutes.

However, when I'm multi-tasking I mostly listen to Roon like you. With a good setup, my DSD files sound especially good. There are so many songs to listen to it's crazy. But you can't beat the nostalgia sometimes.