Vincent Audio SV-500 Arriving Today

So I have a Vincent Audio SV-500 arriving today.

Pretty excited and not sure what I am going to experience (something good I hope of course!)
They will be connected to Martin Logan Motion 40’s, Questyle CMA400i DAC and Denon dp-300f TT with a Ortofon 2M Blue, Hi Res music from my HTPC (DSD and other Flac Files).

Since the Vincent does not have a phono stage for now, I will need to use the built in phono in the Denon.

And I will be comparing to my current source, a Denon AVR-5700.Perhaps not as much power as the Denon but am hoping that I am going to like.
I think the following will happen:
- I absolutely love it and stay with it- I don’t see a big difference from the Denon and return it- I don’t like the sound of a Hybrid Amp and return it and get a SS Amp (maybe a Yamy AS1100 or 2100)- I like it very much and get curious about the SV-237MK and so exchange for that
Got roughly 30 days to figure it out.
We’ll see....
128x128jay73

Showing 1 response by bhd72

jay73,So what did you decide?  I just read the responses to your post and kinda cringed.  I have owned a Vincent SP-331 (loved it--great bass!), a Vincent preamp (SA-31 maybe?  quite musical with an Emotiva amp), and an integrated all-tube Vincent (produced by a Vincent subsidiary if I recall).  My one contribution is this: Vincents take a long time to break in!  Letting your new Vincent play (at low volumes) all day while you're at work for a week will make a huge difference.  I found your post while considering a Vincent integrated.  Too late for your audition but might help future Vincent auditioners.