vibration and resonance

I need to get rid of vibration and resonance in my homemade rack that is to "lively and rings like a bell". I was told to try DYNAMAT on the underside of the shelves. Would cork be the same or better? What is your experience? Thanks
drtalsma
I am using a converted 18th century wardrobe where I have been able to make a lot of simple but positive steps towards controlling vibration and cleaning up the sound, even for a very sensitive turntable. Like Drtalsma says, if you give us the particulars of your design, we might can help.

Taking another angle, the Brits love HiFi and go on about racks. Pick up a copy of the December issue of WhatHiFi and look at the rack section and ratings lists at the back of the magazine. If the vibration situation with your most likely handsome home built rack is unreconcilable, then you can get some ideas from there. Most HiFi boutiques in the States and elsewhere know about and can order offshore products, and some may even stock high quality and decent looking "budget" rack systems.
I too would like to know what you built in order to provide advice.
For Schipo, what are the dimensions between the legs of the lack tables? Could they be stacked? Maybe place a piece of granite on top? Might try these myself. At the cost there's little to lose.
Thanks for the advice. My rack is 24"x24" shelves 4 high with 5/8's threaded rod holding it together. The shelves are 3/4 plywood. It is spiked to the floor and I am seriously considering putting a granite slab on top. I did get a maple shade 2" thick platform for Christmas to place my player on which brings up another question about footers(soft or spikes).
Do you have the rubber washers between the nuts & the shelves like the salamander racks do?
I built a rack from slate and threaded rods. My rack is very heavy but will wobble if the nuts aren't tight. I really crank them to make it rigid.