Very humble beginnings............and yours?

My parents bought me an Airline radio for my 13th Christmas on which I listened to  rock and rolll from WLS. KAAY, KIOA, KOMA and others....top 40.  Somehow, someway in my early 20s I became a fan of much of classic Jazz  and female Jazz singers.  The rock and roll I did visit a few times..mainly in live performances, Hall and Oats, Gene Pitney and several others.  Then while in Madison, Wi. I started visiting Jazz bars and lakefront fests in Milwaukee and Jazz has been my main interest since.  I do listen to some Classical and some Pop/Rock but most of my music library is Jazz and Jazz/Standards vocals. 

If you would like to share,  I would have interest in learning the route your music interests took on your way to where they are now.  Thanks, 
whatjd

Showing 1 response by tomic601

Stereo showed up
in 1965 when I was 4. I still have the crucial McIntosh bits. Both parents could play instruments so grew up immersed in music and other esoterica.
i worked at a local
high end stereo shop in HS and managed a fantastic high end shop thru some of University.
my first
rig was Philco/Ford tube am/FM w slide out record player.... late night stealth listening to Detroit and Cleveburg FM