Very good Balanced XLR cable, suggestions?

Allow me to explain what I am doing.... I am by passing my pre-amp and going direct from CD player to amp. The amp has only Balanced XLR inputs, the CD/SACD player has single ended RCA outputs only...currently. I am having the CD player modified/upgraded and having a true balanced circuit retro-fitted, among other upgrades. Now it was suggested to me to go via XLR balanced cable into the amp with the shortest run of cable possible(1meter if possible, which it is) I am using silver speaker cables and am very happy with them, so I don't know if I need silver interconnects or copper??? any suggestions?? I am thinking NBS, MIT, Kimber select, Pure Note or what ever else I can find for a good price used. But nothing is set in stone as of this point. Thanks for any help,
Tim The Tire Guy
tireguy
I use Synergistic Designers Reference with 'mini' active shielding. Would strongly recommend.
Supposedly, Nordost Valhalla's are the best thing going for IC's (but you may have to secure a personal loan to pay for these puppies!) I'm using Quattro-fils and am quite happy with the liquidity of the mid-range (in my opinion the mid-range is where the music REALLY happens!) Also, there is some debate as to whether it is best to run a source device directly into the amp (see the older forums for a discussion.) For the best info, contact your amp manufacturer and ask for an opinion as to whether to go directly into your amp.
I like the Pure Note Epsilon silver XLR's in my system. They are very well made and have the speed of silver without edge. Best I have tried and that includes Valhallas and FIMs.
If you would email me and tell me what your whole system consist of I would be glad to give you suggestions since most of the cables recommended I carry. Also I have several of them used with the xlr configuration that you need.
I just substituted Discovery Essence (copper) XLR for Harm Tech Pro-Silway MkII (silver/copper) and am shocked by the improvement in midrange body and musicality. The Silways sound too laid back and lean, by comparison. The Essence is full-bodied yet NOT warm or lacking in extension or detail.
I was expecting them to sound opposite, given the metallurgy....