Velodyne SMS-1 is outstanding

I have an HGS-12 but when the DD subs came on the market I really wanted a way to correct (EQ) for the room I'm in. I just got a SMS-1 and it has all the features of the DD subs and perhaps more. I've just used the auto correction so far but the difference is dramatic, the sub has turned into a real musical instrument. I don't know how we got along without something like this before now.
Next is hooking up a video display and looking for some more improvements.

Thanx,
Russ
russschaeffer74b9
Kal,

I'm no expert but a true null is a phase cancellation of the signal. That's where one wavelength in phase cancels another wavelength 180 degrees out of phase. Changing the volume will not eliminate this null. So the way you get rid of it is to change the phase of the original signal and that will move the interference point to somewhere else in the room.

Thanx,
Russ
OK. Fine. I misread your original statement to imply that the null was moved to another frequency, not another location.

Kal
Have you been able to tell how small the listener position sweetspot is once you've equalized it with microphone at a given spot?

I'm thinking of getting an SMS-1 but one concern is that the equalized sweetspot maybe too small to be practical. Would appreciate any observations you have on that.
Minus 3db,

I listen in the near field and my chair is fixed in one position so I can't answer your question as far as it applies to the SMS-1 in my room, I just don't move around the room during critical listening. My guess is that it will sound about right anywhere in the room except when you are near a room boundary (In a corner or against the wall). These are really long wavelengths we are dealing with so there may be dropouts in certain places in the room but I wouldn't think position would be all that critical.
My tweeters on the other hand require a very precise listening position.

Thanx,
Russ
How are you liking this now that you have had it for some time?

Also, how you you have it connected? I just downloaded the manual, but I have not read it yet.