VdH cartridge on heavier tonearm

The Frog is very nice, but rather high conpliance cartridge.
Producer states static compliance at 35 micron/Nm that should transform to about 18 micron/Nm dynamic compliance at 10Hz.
Also producer states that Frog should wotk on tonearm up to 10g effective mass.

I have 12” tonearm with almost 21g effective mass.
Is there any chance that this will work together?
Anybody used Frog at heavier tonearm with succes?

milimetr

First o all to use provided calculator I need to confirm that static compliance at 35 micron/Nm given in Frog specs transtale into 17.5 micron/Nm dynamic compliance @ 10Hz. If this is true the calculated resonant frequency is 6.98Hz so at the lower edge of the rang. 

My current tonearm is Origin Live 12” Enterprise C (3rd generation). Thank you for your input. 

@milimetr 

I wouldn't advise using the Frog on such a heavy arm. It is a medium compliance cartridge, van den Hul's reference arm is an SME V with 11g effective mass. His test arm in the workshop is the Technics EPA 100 which has en effective mass of 12g.

You run the risk of the suspension collapsing prematurely.

As an aside van den hul will tweak his cartridges to match the arm used. I installed a Colibri custom made for the Kuzma 4Point11 at 18g, but personally I would not use a vdh ( even custom built ) with an arm with effective mass any higher than that

Thanks for your advice. I will try to consult that with VDH directly. So far I used with this tonearm Phasemation PP-1000 cartridge that seens to have similar to Frog compliance at 10Hz. 

First o all to use provided calculator I need to confirm that static compliance at 35 micron/Nm given in Frog specs transtale into 17.5 micron/Nm dynamic compliance @ 10Hz. If this is true the calculated resonant frequency is 6.98Hz so at the lower edge of the rang.

I believe european standard is the only one that you do not have to divide or multiply. Japanese multiply by 1,5-2  and US divide static by 2.

@milimetr 

The compliance of the Phasemation PP1000 8. It's much lower than the van den hul.

The van den hul frog has a dynamic compliance of 14, static compliance of 28.

The phasemation is a much better match for your arm.