Vandersteen & Denon AVR-X4700H

Just wondering is the Denon is a good music match for the Vandersteen 2ce Sis II's?

128x128vcartier77

Showing 1 response by nwres

I have the X4700H that I use for HT duty only. I have tried its music capabilities.

The speaker I used in these test session was more efficient (90 db) and a more linear load (8 Ohm with minimal dips in impedance) than the Vandys you have.

Technically, the Denon will drive your speakers. I believe they are 7 ohms nominal. 4 ohms minimum. 86db with 2.83 volts at 1 meter on axis. But not the easiest of loads for the Denon. It really depends on what your goals are with this setup. Not sure if you still have the Ayre setup. I run all tube pre and amp for 2CH. Not a fare comparison. Todays receivers are optimized for movies not music. And yet they are marketed as the do everything in one box solution. Sort of a Swiss Army knife with every blade imaginable. Even has a saw blade to cut wood. Imagine trying to cut a log with said blade. Perhaps not the best tool for the job. But that knife does some things really well... Give it a try and let us know how it compares to your 2CH amp.