Using tube amp with electrostatic speakers.

Moons ago I started similar discussions and thought I had been given enough good advice not to approach the subject again. Here goes anyway. I've used Martin Logan electrostats for well over 30 years with quite a few different amps but have recently switched to a tube amp and dynamic speakers with which I am very satisfied.  It consists of the Cary Rocket 88R amp and Serie Reference 3 speakers. 

My brother was visiting last week and was so impressed with the sound that he decided that he might want to try a tube amp also (probably the same one as mine).  However, he is using a pair of SL3's that I gave him years ago and I'm concerned primarily about the current requirements of the Martin Logans as well as other concerns that I'm not thinking of.  I don't want him spending money on something that may not bring him improved sound so would appreciate more advice to pass on to him.  He currently uses a Rogue Audio SS amp with his SL3 speakers and, to me, it sounds very good. 
jimbreit
My wonderful Quad ESLs(57) on 16ohm taps of rebuilt 60's EICO HF35 monos work great. 
Yep. Quad 57s, KLH 9s, early Acoustats, Janszen tweeters.  They were all made with tube amplifiers in mind. For a real treat you might look into the Quad mods made by Dave Slagle, for driving them with tubes. Fantastic results.

Gary, Most of what I have done is to make the speakers sound optimal with my OTL tube amplifiers, which I genuinely believe are superior, and I did once borrow a pair of Innersound amplifiers for comparison. Since you already own a tube amplifier as well as your Innersounds, you might want to try bi-amplification, with the tube amps running the bass transformer and the Innersounds running the treble.  You would have to make allowances for balancing the output, by attenuating either the Innersounds or the tube amp, depending upon what you hear.

On the other hand, with the 20 ohm resistance and the same 36uF capacitance, you may like your tube amplifier, full range, best.
Lewm

I will definitely try both of those configurations.  On my list is to remove the resistor I used to replace the brilliance control and increase the resistance.  Thank you for all the help.

Best Regards,
Gary
i have always used krell ss amps to drive m-logans....and a nice tube preamp such as audible illusions and ARC.....

very sweet combo imho