Using 2 different brands of interconnects?

Is there any problem with this if the cables are in the same ballpark in quality (or price)? Do cables have such different sound signatures that things get muddied or cancelled out?

Forgive my ignorance. This is my first venture into the topic. I'm talking about under $100 gear for a meter length..
128x128m669326

Showing 6 responses by m669326

dweller: I won't have an opportunity to trust my ears until new cables show up, so I'm trying to minimize having to fiddle around by getting it right in the first place.

jond: Is this common knowledge--a consensus pt of view?
To be clear, do you mean I might or might not notice the difference between cheap and  expensive cables, or I might not notice the difference between matched cables from two different companies?
I can afford what I can afford. Surely a $60 cable is better than a two dollar one, which is something like what I have now.
I understand this is a charged topic and there have been a lot of debates already about it. To refocus us again, let me mention that my question is not about expense or the value of cables in general or anything along those lines. It’s just the mixing of different brands when you need to use more than one interconnect. I’ve received a lot of perspective on this and I appreciate it.
Thanks, decooney. I really appreciate your feedback, along with everyone else’s, too. You have to be in a certain position in life to be able to experiment freely with cables, especially high end cables, and this is not my circumstance.
I took the first step and replaced the super cheapo cable from my DAC to my integrated and the results are drastically better. Clearly, that was a very good decision. Onward to the next steps.