Using 2 different brands of interconnects?

Is there any problem with this if the cables are in the same ballpark in quality (or price)? Do cables have such different sound signatures that things get muddied or cancelled out?

Forgive my ignorance. This is my first venture into the topic. I'm talking about under $100 gear for a meter length..
128x128m669326

Showing 1 response by grossman616

Between my analog and digital cables I have products from 8 different companies, with 2 different "series" from Kimber.
Everything has it's own sound. So it's not an issues and probably better to mix and match.  See (hear) what sounds best with individual components. I don't think there is a one size fits all brand of anything out there.Also the law of diminishing returns. There is a point were you are paying for a difference that only your dog or a bat is going to notice.
I have many "value" cables that sound great and some expensive ones that sound really great, and have returned some expensive ones that didn't cut it.
Didn't mean they were no good, just not the right fit for the component/ system. I have gotten to the point now where I'm happy with my choices.
Fine tuning the sound is part of the process and can be fun and not necessarily expensive.