Used tube preamp $2-3K

Scouting for an above mentioned preamp driving both 2a3 monos, UL/triode monos  and push pull monos. Plus two FW F3, F5 amps. DAC source 75%, CD 25%. Currently using an older Audio Mirror which may be a bottle neck. Current speakers are Coherent GR12 Sigs, Klipsch LS and Jubilee. Remote is a near must, dynamic with speed and detail and transparency. I find a nice CJ 17ls, a Coincident and even a much less expensive Schiit Freya+. The CJ seems highly touted and I like the relay based volume control vs the standard Alps wiper normally found. All insight appreciated, Thanks.

kckrs

I’ve certainly given thought on Audio Research but I get lost with their many

models. And the need to have tube replacement done at the factory seems extreme. Assuming this applies to preamps as it does their power amps.

Don Sachs pieces seem to have a good following, reputation also.

My main preamp for years was a conrad-johnson PV-14L tube preamp. I still feel that it's a good preamp for the money. 

I had a conrad-johnson Premier 17LS2 for a few weeks. It had an issue that caused static in one channel, so I returned it.  I thought it was nice until I bought my Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL preamp.  The LTA was noticeably better.  I got lucky and found a lightly used LTA.