Used PS Audio BHK 300 monoblock or (2) new benchmark ahb2 bridged?

Would appreciate opinions - thanks in advance

listen to rock, jazz, classical at normal levels but appreciate headroom for transients

Listen to vinyl and computer-based files equally

basis 2200, transfiguration phoenix, bryston bda-3, PS audio stellar phono pre, Red Rose Revelation 1 tower speakers, 14x20 room

richardnyc

Showing 4 responses by richardnyc

Thanks for the response! Yes there are a few used ones out there but nobody seems to want to let them go for much less than new!

Thanks to you both for the useful suggestions. I guess we've all been going back and forth on the "clinical" vs "musical" debate since hifi began - I'd say I'm somewhere in the middle - I have a feeling the BHK would work well for me but I find the specs on all benchmark equipment quite compelling. Too bad its so tough to compare these things head to head these days...

Truly appreciate the thoughtful, time-consuming to write words of wisdom that you all have been kind enough to help me with. It seems like the differences are subtle but real, and that you all have been very objective and realistic about what I'd be getting with each. It's great to be able to have such experience and knowledge to draw on.