Used PS Audio BHK 300 monoblock or (2) new benchmark ahb2 bridged?

Would appreciate opinions - thanks in advance

listen to rock, jazz, classical at normal levels but appreciate headroom for transients

Listen to vinyl and computer-based files equally

basis 2200, transfiguration phoenix, bryston bda-3, PS audio stellar phono pre, Red Rose Revelation 1 tower speakers, 14x20 room

richardnyc

Showing 2 responses by markprice

@pinwa 

I bought my BHK 300s used about a year ago. I upgraded from the M700s which worked quite well with my Kef Reference 5 spkrs. I have to say the upgrade was significant, I was surprised at the smoothness the amps bought to my system. I have been very happy with them, they will remain in my system for a long time.

Good luck with your choice 

Hi Jim

Still running my 300's with my Kef Ref 5's. 

I use a Dcs Bartok connected via XLR straight to the amps. A very simple set up. It works well and I am very happy with the sound.  The amps have tons of power and even listening at high volumes you know you could push them much further. The kefs will give you a wide soundstage and the amps will only enhance that. I haven't done any tube rolling yet but who knows in future maybe. 

As you already know the kefs produce an impressive bass from there 6.5 inch woofers but I have added 2 x Rel S812 subs to my system and the difference is "wow". Its not so much the extra low frequency you get but they really enrich the mid range and the overall spaciousness across the whole spectrum.

I hope you are as pleased with your BHKs as I have been. Let me know your houghts.

Mark