Used PS Audio BHK 300 monoblock or (2) new benchmark ahb2 bridged?

Would appreciate opinions - thanks in advance

listen to rock, jazz, classical at normal levels but appreciate headroom for transients

Listen to vinyl and computer-based files equally

basis 2200, transfiguration phoenix, bryston bda-3, PS audio stellar phono pre, Red Rose Revelation 1 tower speakers, 14x20 room

richardnyc

Showing 1 response by jimboman

First Agon post, so be gentle…

Just bought new AHB2 (after hunting for local used deal for awhile), and paired it with my DAC3 HGC, it’s brought new life to my entire system. I love it. 

Strong, silent, cool-running personality. Gets out of the way and lets the music come through. Breathed new clarity and punch into my PSB Synchrony Ones. I find it very musical, especially with great recordings  I listen to a variety of jazz, blues, pop, rock  

system: Quobuz via fibre/FMC to Lumin U2 mini, AQ Coffee USB to Benchmark DAC3 HGC, 8” XLR to AHB2, Kimber Cable to PSB Syncs. Amp running off dedicated 20A isolated ground line.

Benchmark support is first-class. Rory responds quickly and in detail to emails.  The AHB2 feels solid, bullet-proof. Like the pro gear it is.

Hope this vote encourages you to at least audition the AHB2. Good luck with your new gear!

JAMES