USB Disruptor Is the Real Deal

This very inexpensive addition to my MacMini server based audio system has had a profound and positive influence on the sound and my listening experience. Immediately noticeable effects: more tone, more body, more spatial effects and all were improvements in a good way. There is also more detail. I use a Peachtree Nova 125se and it's integrated DAC with expensive Von Schweikert speakers (a holdover from when I spent nutty money on gear). Since the Disruptor and cable together cost a little more than $100 with a guaranteed return policy, you have nothing to lose. I had tried the $50 Audioquest Jitterbug product and it made a barely perceptible change to my sound, worth the money but marginal effect. The disruptor and it's companion usb cable addition was like a substantial component upgrade. And no, I am not in any way affiliated with this company, just wanted to share with other like minded audio people.

128x128tuberist

Showing 1 response by ejr1953

I have a Windows 10 PC connected to a PS Audio DirectStream DAC via USB.  I read about the possible improvement from isolating the ground on the USB connection to a DAC, got onto eBay and purchased a "USB Isolator with an ADUM4160 chip" (not an expensive one) and the results were slight but noticeable.  I was pleasantly surprised to hear an improvement of the timbre from things like cymbals and violins, an improvement in the distinctness of low bass sounds (bass guitar, kick drum, etc) and a slight improvement in the placement of sounds in the soundstage.