USB DAC of Oppo 205

In a secondary setup I've been using USB from an ultraRendu through an Ayre QB-9 DSD to an Ayre A7e integrated. But the right channel of the A7e seems to be out.  A possible substitute would be ultraRendu USB to Oppo 205 DAC with HDMI to a NAD M-22 amp.  The speakers are a pair of KEF LS50s.  Would I take a big sonic hit, i.e., how good is the Oppo DAC?  One advantage of the proposed setup is that it would accommodate a pair of Velodyne HGS-10s to supplement the LS50s.  I have a spare SMS-1 for acoustic room correction. 
Ag insider logo xs@2xdbphd

Showing 1 response by mastering92

.wav music files at 16 bit/44.1 Khz (standard redbook quality) are the best for practical use IMO. 

The next time you're ripping CDs, use NCH Express Rip. This is bit-pefect and free of degredation like Windows Media Player - which is trash.

You can verfiy the quality of files using different CD burning softwares by using EAC (exact audio copy), another useful program.

With regards to DSD, we seem to get more "air" in the midrange frequencies so things appear to be more spaced out. There are theorists who state "real DSD" doesn't exist, but they are lying...

Paul McGowan of PS audio works with DSD. At the end of the day, find what you like and allow it to take up your time...