Upscale Audio and Primaluna

spoke to aggresive salesperson who pushed prima luna integrated amps and other primaluna gear.

this was after i called to buy another component.  Anyone know about primaluna stuff.

all this guy did was tear into my system saying how deficient it is and that i should buy primaluna.

jumia
I had nothing but good experience dealing with Kevin @ Upscale.

As far as PL goes, I own their DiaLogue Premium (EL34) power amp and it is one of the best in the business.  Drives my Maggies very well and the sound is to die for.
Interesting.  Which Maggies?  Most sound best with considerably higher power than the EL34 Dialogue Premium produces.
"Quite simply, every dollar of profit from your purchase of a Cayin amp goes directly to a government that runs vast re-education camps, oppresses dissent in Tibet and Hong Kong and promotes the use of slave and forced labor in the country's workforce."
Unlike all those dollars you give for your iPhones, laptops, TVs...?
Never dealt with Kevin (he is probably the best sales guy in hifi based on YT i watched:), I am in EU, and think Primaluna its hard to beat for that money. For my budget (1500-2000$) I couldn't find any other tube preamp that sounded better. Of course, didn't hear everything that exists, there is a better one probably, that's why we should audition before buying! They have Stereophile Class A awards, and a bunch of other awards for some reason.

Piece by piece, I’ve purchased almost my entire system from Upscale. I’ve been to their showroom for demos twice (I drove down from Oregon) and also had lengthy phone conversations with both Kevin and Kat. In all instances they were nothing but patient and helpful while I wrung my hands and was indecisive about things. My system is mid-level at best, and i don’t have tons of disposable income to throw at audio. Nonetheless, the staff at Upscale have been tremendously generous with their time. Additionally, on a few occasions their tech staff have walked me through issues I was having with my equipment. On one occasion Kevin himself sent me a fuse overnight at Upscale’s expense to remedy a problem that I myself had caused. I have nothing but good things to say about Upscale’s way of doing business and customer service.

The OP’s description of his interaction does not align with my repeated experience with Upscale audio.
Seems lots of repairs inolving fuses and dealing with issues.

Dont want any PL gear if i always need parts.

it all sales.  I remember Crazy Eddie from 20 yrs ago.  Just dont like pushy sales people who push gear with higher margins and biased.  Not healthy.